Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Dear Marketing People

Every so often I get an email from someone looking for help with locating a movie on DVD or has a question about something that I wrote about. It's not very often, but it does happen; and I'm all for that. I'll do what I can to answer your questions.  Lately, I've been getting quite a few emails from different internet marketing people and they have all asked the same things.  So, let me me answer these because this is the only answer you are going to receive if you people continue in the same manner.

The first question has been:  "Is this the correct email address for Cinema Raiders?"

Let me ask you a few questions in return. Where did you get that email address? Is it from the link located to the right under the Upcoming Releases section? Does it look something like this?


If you answered yes to all of those questions, then your answer is Yes. Who would have thunk it? If I send an email to the address under Contact Cinema Raiders, an email will be sent to Cinema Raiders! This isn't rocket science people.

The second question is more of a request, and goes along lines of: "Should you be able to read this, send a reply so that we could discuss my proposal."

Yet you did not bother to write down what your proposal/offer is. If you have something that you want me to do, don't ask me to reply to you so you can then tell me about your offer. Have the common courtesy of writing it all down in your initial email and I will extend the courtesy to let you know if I am interested in your idea or not. Remember, you're contacting me because you want something from me. Don't try to make me jump through hoops to find out what that is, because I won't.

Lastly, do any of you internet marketing people even take a look at what kind of website this is? I have no interest in pharmaceuticals, sports, rap music, etc. This website is about genre movies, books and random other things that I find interesting. If you want me to give you my opinion on your film, feel free to contact me and we can work out how to get a copy. I may not like it, but I will watch it and give my honest opinion. If you want me to post advertisements for male "enhancement" drugs, you can forget it; unless you want to give me an exorbitant amount of money.  Oh, and have a nice day.
 

No comments: