Tuesday, August 2, 2011

The Moonraker Conundrum

 

A long time ago... when DVD was a brand new format, MGM started to release a few of the Bond films. One such release was this THX version of Moonraker. The interesting thing about this release is that it contains a hidden trailer that is only available on this release and something listed as an Exciting "Making of Moonraker Featurette." 

I came across this release at a used record store that I frequently check out. This was the first time that I've ever seen it in person, so I couldn't pass it up. The case and disc are in immaculate condition, but there's a bit of a problem. I can't get any of my machines to read the bloody disc. I've tried it on both of my DVD players, my blu-ray player and my computer - all with the same results. The disc spins up, but the players don't recognize that a disc has been inserted.

So I need your help. First, is there anything that can be done to get the disc to play? The thing looks brand new without a single scratch or scuff mark. The other thing I'd like to know about is that Exciting Making of Moonraker Featurette. This disc was released before the special editions so I know that this featurette is not the Inside Moonraker Documentary which was produced specifically for the special edition release. Does anyone know what it is?  Is it the 007 in Rio featurette that is on the blu-ray? Help me internet friends, you're my only hope...

 

No comments: